Skip to content
Here are some tips to prepare for your move. If you happen to have any other questions in regards to preparing for your move please contact us today.
- Confirm your reservation/quote has all your moving details including: your addresses and access points at all locations, your contact phone numbers for before and during the move, your correct inventory of items to be moved, and the correct date and window for arrival scheduled for your needs.
- Pack your items evenly into boxes. Do not use plastic bags or unsealed containers.
- Do not overfill boxes. This is extremely critical for large boxes. Overfilled large boxes are more likely to damage the contents inside, the surrounding boxes, and may collapse when stacked.
- Don’t leave a lot of loose small stuff around (more trips to and from the truck means more time and money).
- Transport and or pack all fragile items prior to your movers arriving to avoid the need for unaccounted for packing materials not included in the hourly rate.
- Bubble-wrap mirrors, panes of glass, and framed items ahead of time. When moving upholstered items through small doorways or hallways, shrink-wrap them to prevent tearing.
- Clear hallways and doorways of obstructions. If items need to be removed from common areas such as stairwells, ask your neighbors or building manager ahead of time. This will ensure that the movers have a clear path.
- Transport all fluids, aerosols, batteries, ammunition, flammable materials, plants, frozen foods, open food containers, pets, financial documents, deeds/irreplaceable documents, cash, jewelry, medications, small electronics, and any other item on your person or in your vehicle, these items either being: A) hazardous therefore unable to transport or B) not sufficiently covered by our basic liability coverage included in the moving price.
- Disassemble any crib or pressed wood items as we are unable to disassemble/reassemble pressed wood items or infant cribs, though we are able to transport them.
- Arrange for child care and/or a pet-sitter if possible.
- Pre-sign some of the moving documents available via email by downloading the attachments, printing and then signing each one to have those ready before the movers arrive. There will still be more documents that require your signature on the move date that are not available in advance.